RF Product Marketing Engineer
If you are interested in joining us on this journey, please contact us at email@example.com and tell us how your skills can help us to grow.
Please put the job description in the subject line.
This is your opportunity to have a significant impact at a new, cutting-edge startup delivering disruptive technology that will drive electronic systems innovation across a diverse range of industries. You will work with Menlo Micro and their proprietary and proven Ideal Switch technology. Electromechanical switches that are smaller than the width of a human hair and are architected to be scalable, depending on the power ratings required. We are seeking an RF Product Marketing Engineer who isn’t interested in maintaining the status quo, but instead, sees the possibilities and is passionate about pushing technology forward. If that sounds like you, this position could be your ideal opportunity. Consider a few of the advantages of joining us.
- Enjoy the best of both worlds: the innovative, energized, growth atmosphere of a startup, built on a strong and stable foundation of investors — industry giants GE, Microsemi, and Corning.
- Impact the entire product cycle from understanding the needs of the client to focusing on systems architecture to delivering cutting edge solutions.
- Pick up where General Electric’s deep research and development efforts left off, building new products for multiple markets from medical to defense to aerospace, wireless infrastructure and beyond.
- Work closely with top minds in the electronic systems and semiconductor industries, including our CTO, who has been at the heart of developing Menlo’s MEMS switch technology since its conception at GE Global Research.
- Create a legacy of work that will truly make a difference — work you can be proud of
The RF Product Marketing Engineer is responsible for technical product marketing of Menlo’s RF product line. Primary responsibility is help drive new product strategy and development for Menlo’s ground-breaking Ideal Switch technology. Focus for the position is on the global channel/distribution marketing, customers and working with internal technical organizations, in conjunction with global sales, as an RF subject matter expert, that will grow the Menlo’s RF revenues.
This role requires a strong mix of technical skills to work on disruptive RF solutions developed with Menlo’s proprietary Ideal Switch technology, as well as interpersonal skills to work extensively with Sales and customers to support business growth.
To be a strong fit for the role of RF Product Marketing Engineer, you will have the following core competencies and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical engineering
- 5+ years of semiconductor industry experience
- RF/Microwave design, test, sales, or marketing experience
- Strong understanding of RF/Microwave components & applications
- Good general knowledge of both RF sales, RF markets and customer base
- A broad functional understanding of sales and experience working with marketing teams to define functional requirements
- Strong understanding of demand generation and a track record of owning campaigns from concept to impact, plus driving, measuring and reporting successes and failures
- Strong communication skills including storytelling with PowerPoint, data crunching with Excel
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communications skills
- Willingness to travel, including internationally as necessary
- Self-motivated with strong drive to achieve business objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a small team environment.
- Ability to blend the technical and commercial to deliver a balanced approach to problems
- Skill filling multiple roles as required in a small but growing start-up environment.
- Strong analytical skills and experience
- Good organization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities to meet goals in a fast-paced environment.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence for ITAR compliance / security clearance.
Highly preferred skills:
- Experience in RF subsystems at the design, applications or sales engineering level
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or MBA
- Extensive experience supporting customers, direct sales and distribution sales partners
- Extensive experience with new product launch and new business development
- Identify market needs and translate to specific product requirements for new product development with prioritized features, corresponding justification, target market applications and business plans
- Own new product strategy and roadmap for understanding and initial product definition, definition of formal product plan through qual and launch
- RF/Microwave design, test, sales, or marketing experience
- Interface with R&D, NPI engineering, Operations and Applications to build and sustain the product line
- Be aware of market trends and directions from voice of customer, competition activity and publication review
- Provide market intelligence by monitoring competition and evolving market needs
- Be an expert on competitor’s capabilities and product positioning in the market
- Analyze competitive products to assess gaps in product lines
- Be a self-starter in the creation of product data sheets and presentation materials
- Work with marcom and sales for special business opportunities
- Understand cost models to support product pricing strategies & business case
- Verify product configurations for Sales and provide pricing guidance to meet GM targets
- Conduct market research, industry analysis and product line strategy formulation
- Participate in new product development by representing customer needs during design reviews
- Participate in customer visits and presentations. Identify gaps in product portfolio
Why Menlo Micro?
The role of RF Product Marketing Engineer is critical to our success. You will join us on the ground-floor, helping to drive our roadmap that will generate the bulk of Menlo’s revenue over the next 2-5 years! This is your opportunity to be part of a tremendous business opportunity, and as we grow, you can grow along with us, building a career that will last over the long-haul.
Impact the roadmap:
We’re not looking at our technology simply as a commodity replacement for other RF switches. To the contrary. We’re highly focused on system-level value proposition and disruptive architectures. As a result, we are seeking a candidate with strong systems background, who understands the market trends, who wants to work on the cutting-edge and disrupt traditional industry norms. You will have influence across the entire product lifecycle from understanding client needs and suggesting and designing solutions, to working with engineering and the supply chain to deliver those solutions. You will be a key influencer each step of the way and help influence future products.
Born out of a decade-long effort at General Electric’s Global Research Center, Menlo Micro is bringing to the market a series of technology innovations that have enabled us to reinvent one of the most essential and fundamental building blocks required for nearly every electronic system imaginable….the switch.
We’ve already said it, but it’s worth repeating. You will work with top industry talent — highly experienced leaders with decades of combined experience and wins ranging from past startup success to success at major corporations. All or our leaders bring tremendous skill and a proven track record of success, ranging from important journal publications to a plethora of patents to business and leadership successes, both domestic and international, and more. You will add your own strong skills to that talent, and also have plenty of opportunities to learn and further develop your skills.
Enormous growth potential:
Unlike most startups, we have a decade of research behind us and the backing of > $32 million to get us started. We already have clients ranging from test and measurement to wireless power-charging to aerospace and defense to medical instrumentation. In fact, we’re already so far along that we’ve already built out our supply chain team and we have achieved our ISO9001:2015 certification in only 18 months of operations! In other words, you will enjoy the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a high-potential startup without worrying about the usual startup risks.
Unlike other startups, we offer competitive compensation and a fully faceted benefits plan, including incentives, a range of company paid insurances, paid time off and more.