Play a Critical, Impactful Role & Work with Top Electronic Systems Talent at an Exciting Startup Backed by Industry Leaders
Help Create Truly Disruptive & Unique Products that Have the Ability to Change Markets
This is your opportunity to have a significant impact at a new, cutting-edge startup delivering disruptive technology that will drive electronic systems innovation across a diverse range of industries. You will work with Menlo Micro and their proprietary and proven Ideal Switch technology. Electromechanical switches that are smaller than the width of a human hair and are architected to be scalable, depending on the power ratings required. We are seeking an engineer who isn’t interested in maintaining the status quo, but instead, sees the possibilities and is passionate about pushing technology forward. If that sounds like you, this rare, ground floor position could be your ideal opportunity. Consider a few of the advantages of joining us.
- Enjoy the best of both worlds: the innovative, energized, growth atmosphere of a startup, built on a strong and stable foundation of investors — industry giants GE, Microsemi, and Corning.
- Impact the entire product cycle from understanding the needs of the client to focusing on systems architecture to delivering cutting edge solutions.
- Pick up where General Electric’s deep research and development efforts left off, building new products for multiple markets from medical to defense to aerospace, wireless infrastructure and beyond.
- Work closely with top minds in the electronic systems and semiconductor industries, including our CTO, who has been at the heart of developing Menlo’s MEMS switch technology since its conception at GE Global Research.
- Create a legacy of work that will truly make a difference — work you can be proud of.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Menlo Micro is reimagining one of the most fundamental building blocks of electronic systems – the electronic switch. The company’s Ideal Switch platform is a game changer for those who design electronic systems, serving multiple industries including next generation 5G mobile networks, industrial IoT markets, battery management, home-automation, electronic vehicles and medical instrumentation. Menlo Micro is backed by GE Ventures, with investments from Corning, Microchip, and Paladin Capital Group.
Role Summary / Purpose
- Data verification and test result validation
- Process variation and control monitoring/problem-solving
- Product validation and performance monitoring/assessment
- Failure mode detection and containment including RMA/FA analysis
- Application support; ensuring product functionality conforms with datasheet specifications
- Work in a team environment to support operations team with analysis and automation.
- Interest in learning and involvement in for a unique and disruptive technology imbedded in Menlo Micro’s product line.
- Able to work in an operations environment where challenges are time-critical, and contributions have a direct impact on business results.
Qualifications / Requirements
- BS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or equivalent experience
- 0 to 5 years of professional work experience.
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages (Python, VBA, etc.)
- Working knowledge statistical data analysis tools like JMP.
- Demonstrated experience in developing report automation and data analysis scripts.
- Solid knowledge base of statistical data analysis practices for device electrical characterization
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- MS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or equivalent experience
- Industrial experience in MEMS or semiconductor device test
- Experience with electrical measurements and instruments (oscilloscope, SMU, switch matrix, VNA, SA, etc.)
- A desire to be a critical problem solver and innovator
- Experience with RF device test and test systems
- Experience with Power switching device test and test systems
- Experience working with New Product introduction teams on early integration of test requirements in upfront new device and package design
- Experimental excellence and effective teamwork in process problem solving.
- Demonstrated the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, find root cause, and correct device and test systems related problems/failures.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Irvine, CA.
- Must be 18 years or older.