Senior RF Applications Eng
With the Right Level of Experience, You Could Come On board in a Lead RF Design Engineer Role
Play a critical, impactful role and work with top electronic systems talent at an exciting startup backed by industry leaders. Help create truly disruptive and unique products that have the ability to change markets.
Menlo Micro’s technology creates a new switch category that eliminates compromises and tradeoffs by combining the benefits of electromechanical and solid-state switches into the best of both worlds with its “Ideal Switch.” The Ideal Switch can survive over 3 billion cycles without degrading performance. With lifetimes 1000x longer than a mechanical relay, the Ideal Switch is one of the most reliable switches available.
This is your opportunity to have a significant impact at a new, cutting-edge startup with industry-leading technology that will drive electronic systems innovation across a diverse range of industries.
You Will :
- Take owner ship of a new role, created to expand design capacity and fulfill demand for advanced products. In this interesting and challenging role, you will definitely enhance yours kills and experience.
- Work on cutting-edge, next-generation RF MEMS switch products, architecting solutions and driving products to meet customer needs and market demand.
- Serve as a leader, building from the ground up, coaching team members, seeing and setting infrastructure, and driving products to market. At Menlo Micro, you’ll never be a cog in the engineering wheel, but rather an innovator delivering highly differentiated technology that will turn the industry on its heels.
- Work with disruptive technology that has diverse potential with ago a lof increasing power handling and frequency capabilities—we are pushing to 60 GHz and beyond.
- Quickly see the impact of your work as you contribute to systems and processes and see how your projects deliver on the company’s strategy.
We offer the best of both worlds: the innovative, high-energy atmosphere of a startup, built on a strong and stable foundation of investors—industry giants GE Ventures, Corning and Paladin Capital—and in demand products. While all start ups come with a degree of risk , with the technology, investor base and extra ordinary team we’ve put in place, Menlo Micro is positioned to hit a home run.
Head quartered in Irvine, California, Menlo Micro is a spin-off from GE Global Research that is leveraging more than 10-years of R&D and GE’s proven Digital-Micro-Switch (DMS) technology to create a scalable product development platform that drives disruptive shifts in digitally controlled, RF, smart, and high-powers witching applications. Our goal is to enable the future of Power IoT and Communications today.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Lead RF Design Engineer opportunity, you will have:
- An MS or Ph.D.(preferred) in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of professional RF design experience in a senior or lead role
- In-depth understanding of RF and EM theory and design
- An understanding of MEMS design, operation, and theory
- Demonstrated ability to design, simulate, and characterize RF devices
- Proficiency with HFSS, ADS, or other similar RFEM simulation platforms
- Experience using sound DOE practices for device verification and characterization
- Experience with RF device test and test systems
- Experience with RF package technologies
- Experience developing RF process design tool kits
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues, debug, and drive appropriate corrective actions
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Excellent inter personal, communication, and customer-facing skills.
- Experience developing data analytics is desired
- A desire to be a critical problem solver and innovator
You will be a core member of the NPI team that is responsible for new switch architecture through the development of new ohmic MEMS switch products.
You will be a core member of the New Product Introduction Team (NPI), driving the development of new MEMS switch architectures and advanced switch products. You will be responsible for the design, simulation, 3DEM modeling, package modeling, hands-on verification, debugging, and successful transfer in to the production of your new products.
You will work in an innovative team environment, along with the Technology team, to develop a robust and evolving RF MEMS device Process Design Kit (PDK) capable of both abroad frequency range (DCto67GHz) and wide RF RMS power handling (upto50dB) for both device and micro system solutions.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and deliver innovative RF MEMS products based on the company’s technology and road map
- Work closely with Marketing and leading customers to drive special alignment and system integration success
- Use ADS and EM Pro 3D for RF MEMS device, package and micro system design and simulation
- Work with Technology team to develop and validate new technologies and design rules
- Develop bench level RF device test capabilities, execute device verification, and support product characterization/qualification
- Work closely with the technology team to transition new design rules for next generation product development
- Drive advancements in design methodologies and product execution
- Comply with all company quality and safety policies and procedures
The genesis of the company and IP is built around delivering next-generation products. Projects will be diverse from developing the MEMS die to system-level products. In this hands-on position, you will work with a strong and growing team including Product Engineering, Test Development, Applications, and Marketing.
Note: This description is intended to give you a general over view of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
MORE GOOD REASONS
Make your mark
We’ve been in business three years and, while our first-year revenues were in the millions, we’re still a small group—that means every position is important. You’ll work in a fast-paced and adaptive team environment that is developing innovative technology with an impact on broad industrial and commercial products.
You will help us drive success nearly from the beginning. This is your chance to be part of a high-potential business, and as we grow, you will grow along with us, building along-term career home.
Born out of a decade-long effort at General Electric’s Global Research Center, Menlo Micro is bringing to the market a series of technology innovations that have enabled us to reinvent one of the most essential and fundamental building blocks required for nearly every electronic system imaginable…the switch. To read more about our technology follow the hyperlink, but be sure to come back to submit your resume / application: Menlo Micro Technology.
You’ll work with seasoned leaders with decades of combined experience and wins ranging from past start up success to success at major corporations, as well as with talented individual contributors. All or our team members bring tremendous skill and a proven track record of success, ranging from important journal publications to a plethora of patents to business and leader ship successes, both domestic and international, and more. You will add your own strong skills to that talent, and also have plenty of opportunities to learn and further develop your skills.
Unlike most startups, we have a decade of research behind us and significant backing to get us started. We already have clients with needs ranging from home automation to wireless power-charging and a rein production with a product that will support GE’s MRI technology. In fact, we’re already of era long that we’ve added a supply chain team and we just launched the business in December 2016! In other words, you will enjoy the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a high-potential startup without worrying about the usual startup risks.
Excellent compensation and perks
We value our employees and offer:
- Competitive compensation and a robust, comprehensive benefits plan that includes arrange of insurances, a matching 401(K) plan, paid time off and more.
- Equity! You’re joining us on the ground floor and can earn stock options, which could be lucrative over the long term.
- Great work / life balance. While this is not a 9-5 role, we don’t work typical start up hours. We still enjoy most evenings and weekends away from the office.
KEY STORY SUCCESS
While we enjoy benefits and security beyond a normal startup, ours is still a start up environment. To thrive and excel here, you must take owner ship of your role and be accountable for the breadth of your responsibilities. The team is small, so visibility is high, but so is the opportunity to make an impact…and we’re looking for people who are passionate about making a difference and driven to innovate.
Your technical expertise will be central, but in our small environment, your inter personal and communication skills also will be critical. Additionally, you should be comfortable in a rapidly growing environment where ambiguity is the norm. You’re entering on the ground floor, so you will help shape processes and procedures and establish the right design flow for the company. A process-oriented mind-set, along with flexibility and adaptability will be critical to success. You will also need a strong understanding of what has to happen to bring a product to the market.